Frustrated that you can’t move that photo or image to where you want it? Here’s how to make it so you can drag your pictures all over the place. This tutorial’s first part tells how to move a single picture in a particular document. To change Word’s settings so you’ll always be able to move pictures around, click here.
First, of course, you need to insert the picture you want to move:
- Click on the Insert tab on the ribbon at the top of your screen.
- Click on Picture in the Illustrations group.
- Browse to your picture and insert it into the document.
Now let’s make it move:
- Click once on the picture to make sure it selected.
- Click on the Format tab under where it says Picture Tools above the ribbon. (This Format tab is called a “contextual tab” because it only shows up when an image is selected.)
- Click on the Wrap Text button toward the right-hand side in the Arrange group. The button has a picture of a dog on it.
- You have many choices now to make the picture move around. However, my favorite is Behind Text. This is in case you want to type on top of the image. So go ahead and click Behind Text.
- Move your mouse into the middle of the picture until it turns into a four-pointed arrow. Then you should be able to drag the image all over the page!
- Click on the File tab in the top left-hand corner of your screen.
- Click on Options near the bottom of the left-hand side in the box that pops up.
- Click on Advanced on the left-hand side of the next box.
- Scroll down to the Cut, copy, and paste section.
- In that section, on the left-hand side, you’ll see some text that says Insert/paste picture as. Across from it, on the right-hand side, is some text with a drop-down arrow beside it. Click on that arrow.
- Click on Behind text.
- Click OK to get out of the box.
You should now be able to move your pictures forevermore!
I love little donations if this post helped you. They help me keep writing these tips! Also, if you’d like to learn more about using your computer, I tutor remotely all over the world and answer email questions for a small fee. Click here for more information and to see what I teach.
Used with permission from Microsoft.
Filed under: Blogroll, Computers, Microsoft Office, Software, Uncategorized, Word Tagged: | can't move images in word, can't move photos in word, can't move pictures in word, move images in Word, move photos in Word, move pictures in word, word images, word photos, word pictures