Wanted to be reminded of something you put in OneNote? You can set an alarm for it by linking the item to Outlook. Here’s how:
1. Click to place your cursor anywhere in the text of the item.
2. Click on the Outlook Tasks button on the Home tab on the ribbon at the top of your screen. The button is located near the right-hand side and looks like a red flag.
3. Click on Custom in the menu that pops up. A window should appear allowing you to create an Outlook task.
4. Click to put a check mark next to where it says Reminder on the left-hand side of the box.
5. Click on the calendar button on the right-hand side of the field that has the date in it. A calendar should pop up.
6. Click on the day you’d like to be reminded. That date should appear in the field.
7. Click on the dropdown arrow in the field where you see the time.
8. Scroll up and down in the box that appears, and choose a time. That time should appear in the field.
9. Click on the Save & Close button near the upper left-hand corner of the box.
Your alarm should now go off at the appointed date and time!
I love little donations if this post helped you. They help me keep writing these tips! Also, if you’d like to learn more about using your computer, I tutor remotely all over the world and answer email questions for a small fee. Click here for more information and to see what I teach.
Used with permission from Microsoft.
Filed under: Blogroll, Computers, Microsoft Office, OneNote, Software, Uncategorized Tagged: | be reminded in onenote, hear an alarm onenote, How to set an alarm onenote, no alarm in onenote, remind me onenote, reminder in onenote, set alarm in onenote, where is alarm in onenote